Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Creepy

(I posted this in the comments over at Rain in the Doorway, but thought I should put it up here, too.)

I came across this video (no embed, sorry) some time ago because I love old Russian songs, and it really creeped me out. Still does. Note how the spotlight isn't used to highlight anyone on the stage, but pans back and forth across the audience instead! Reminds me of when my dad was finishing up med school in Budapest right after the war, and said the Soviets took over classes to lecture on communism and videotaped the audience to make sure everyone was paying attention (my dad wasn't, he and the guy next to him were whispering the whole time, and he found out they were being videotaped since they were called in to get a talking to from the authorities and shown the tape of themselves!)

No comments: