Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tragedy

So this is what it's come to. A man strangles his beautiful, outgoing daughter to death because she wouldn't wear the hijab. Not in Saudi Arabia, or Sudan, or the suburbs of Paris - no, right here, in Canada.

The spin has already begun among the Muslim groups and the press (I watched CTV news tonight, Lloyd Robertson and co. spent maybe a minute on it, downplaying it as much as possible, of course).

I'll refrain from adding my own spin. I'm in shock. Despite all that I've written, I still cannot believe that this has happened. In Mississauga, for Christ's sake! I just can't get over it. Mississauga. Jesus.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Tell me about it. Sigh.

I also found it funny that you took the Lord's name in vain twice when you wrote this post. But guess what, I don't think any Christians will be calling for your head anytime soon. Good thing you didn't take another prophet's name in vain, if you get my drift!

Adrian said...

um, you're the one who has a swear word in her latest post title, pottymouth. and anyway, i would never dream of saying anything nasty about joe smith, that dude was the bomb.