Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Interlude: Rosalind Russell

Graduation is this week, and my parents are about to arrive; things might get hectic, blogging might be light. So I just wanted to have a good looking dame as the top post for a while. Sheila's great post on Rosalind Russell helped me out with that, and pointed me to this tribute. The line that breaks my heart: "Jean Arthur was the first choice, followed by Katharine Hepburn, Carole Lombard, Claudette Colbert, Irene Dunne and Ginger Rogers." Arthur, Hepburn, Lombard, Colbert, Dunne . . . please excuse me as I go shoot myself in the head.

I watched a lot of movies this past week, incidentally, many of them with those very stars, and I'll have a post up about them all eventually. I just wanted to say that, as great as many of them were, few were on the same level as His Girl Friday, please do see it, it's as good as it gets.

No comments: