Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Talk is Cheap

Despite all the vocal anti-Americanism around the world, there are still huge numbers of people who go to immense lengths to come to America to have a chance at a better life - to the point that we actually have to build a fence on the border to keep all the people out. Meanwhile, despite all the arguments of communists and their sympathizers, they still had to build a wall to keep their people from escaping to the west.

Which brings me to Michael Moore's new movie, Sicko. I haven't seen it, and I won't, but if it's true that he holds up Canada's health care system as a model, he's even dumber than I thought.

If you want a great rebuttal to claims of Canadian health care superiority, please see this Norma Kozhaya article. But I don't need to read her article, or anyone else's, because all I need to know is that any Canadian who can do so goes to America for treatment. They talk a big game, brag about universal healthcare, but the moment they get sick and need surgery or an MRI tomorrow, rather than next year, it's off to Buffalo they go.

No comments: