Wednesday, May 9, 2007

"We are a community

and if one of us is hungry
we are all hungry."

That's an excerpt from a poem written by one of the idiot hunger strikers. Some follow-ups: if only one of you has to be hungry for us all to be hungry, then aren't there ten hunger strikers too many? And does the reverse hold true - can I negate your hunger strike by eating a whole lot and making us all full?

I'll post more about this after I finish up a paper, but for now I just want to say that I do in fact support the hunger strike. Same reason I've become a Quebec seperatist over the years: good riddance. I only wish that more economically illiterate, self-righteous morons would volunteer to starve themselves to death. Well, I'd prefer if they just killed themselves quickly, without all the emails, the drumming, the chants, and the poems, but I guess we have to take these things one step at a time.


UPDATE: Roger Kimball echoes my support!

No comments: